Get Rid of those Stubborn Bumper Stickers on your Vehicle Without Causing Damage!
Sick of seeing those old political campaign season stickers on your bumper? Or are you the proud parent of an honor roll student who is now embarrassed by that outdated sticker on your car? Don’t worry, it is possible to successfully remove old bumper stickers from your vehicle without damaging the paint. Read on to learn how you can turn back time on your vehicle and safely remove those old or unwanted stickers and don’t forget to come take advantage of our specials on accessories to give your car a little sprucing up afterwards. Both you and your car have earned it!
Instructions for Removing Stubborn Bumper Stickers
- Make sure you start with a freshly washed vehicle. The sticker and surrounding area should be dirt-free for the best results.
- Using a hair dryer, turn the dryer on high and hold it a couple of inches away from the sticker, but make sure it is not held in too close proximity to the sticker/car paint. Slowly move the dryer over the sticker and make sure to heat the edges of the sticker last. The edges will be easier to remove.
- Once the sticker has been thoroughly heated, use a sturdy plastic card (gift card/credit card) to gently lift the edges. Move towards the center, sliding the card back and forth under the edges, pulling the sticker slowly. It is normal for the sticker to break apart during this process. If you are removing the sticker from glass, you can use a razor blade. However, DO NOT use the razor blade on a painted area of your vehicle.
- Continue to push the card/blade and pull the sticker until it is fully removed.
- Repeat these steps as needed. Once it has been fully removed, you may spray tree sap remover on a clean rag and scrub to get rid of any residue that may remain.
If all else fails, and you find yourself in need … come check out our sticker-free selection of New Inventory at Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram of Winter Haven! Our knowledgeable and friendly Five Star team is here to help you find just the car you need at a price that only the Low Payment Kings can offer. For questions, give us a call at 888-446-4585.