From a diesel engine to a rugged V8, when it comes to buying a new RAM truck, you have your fair share of powertrain options. Whether it’s max towing capacity or torque that you’re after, we have the engine configuration for your unique needs here at Dodge Chrysler Jeep® of Winter Haven.
2019 RAM 1500
- 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 with eTorque: 305 horsepower, 269 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V8: 395 horsepower, 410 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 with eTorque: 305 horsepower, 410 lb-ft of torque
The introduction of eTorque technology is a hallmark of the 2019 RAM 1500. This mild-hybrid system replaces the traditional alternator with a 48-bolt battery-powered generator, which helps improve efficiency, payload, towing, and overall performance. For example, the HEMI® V8 achieves 11,610 lb in towing, while the V8 with eTorque bumps it up to 12,750 lb in towing, which is also a best-in-class rating.
2018 RAM 2500
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V8: 383 horsepower, 400 lb-ft of torque
- 6.4-liter HEMI® V8: 410 horsepower, 429 lb-ft of torque
- 6.7-liter Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6: 370 horsepower, 800 lb-ft of torque
With the 6.4-liter V8 equipped, you’re granted a best-in-class 16,320-lb towing capacity. And thanks to the operation of the diesel engine, it offers a 15,000-mile oil change interval, which is also best in class.
2018 RAM 3500
The 2018 RAM 3500 shares a lot of the same qualities with the RAM 2500, including engine choice: the 6.4-liter HEMI® V8 and Turbo Diesel I6. But with the latter under the hood, its lb-ft of torque increases to 930. The result? A best-in-class fifth-wheel towing with 30,000 lb.
With these top-performing engines to choose from, your best bet is to stop by Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Winter Haven and test drive one of our RAM trucks for sale near Lakeland, FL. To learn more about performance capability, get in touch with our Florida sales staff today!
Whether you’ve invested in a RAM 2500 or prefer a Chrysler 300, performing necessary fluid checks are crucial to your vehicle’s peak performance. At Dodge Chrysler Jeep® of Winter Haven, we know that regular maintenance keeps a new car performing reliably. More importantly, systems in your car like the cooling system helps prevent it from overheating.
Our technicians understand that it’s hard for busy families to analyze their fluids or determine if there’s a liquid leaking. If you need maintenance on your new RAM truck or Dodge car near Plant City, FL, give us a call at 888-788-9506.
- Oil. The oil in your engine is responsible for keeping it cool, clean, and properly lubricated. It’s one of the most important elements of your vehicle, and if left unattended, can lead your powertrain to overheat or malfunction. As a bonus, an oil change is available as part of our Express Lane that doesn’t require appointments.
- Coolant. Due to the pressurization, it’s essential to allow a professional to examine your coolant fluid, which helps prevent your engine from overheating. Edmunds claims that “heat is the enemy of your engine,” so it’s imperative to identify any leaks immediately.
- Brake fluid. The problems with brakes often stem from leaks or contamination in the liquid from outside water. Signs of low brake fluid include spongy braking or longer braking distances.
- Transmission Fluid. Transmission fluid helps promote seamless shifting while driving. You may be in need of transmission fluid when you experience delays in shifting or gear slippage.
Keep your family safe this season by getting the fluids in your car, truck, or SUV checked in our Jeep service center near Lakeland, FL. We are located at 299 Cypress Gardens Blvd and look forward to working with you soon!
If it seems like gas prices have been going up more than usual, it’s not all in your head. Sure, fuel gets more expensive this time of year because of rising demand and the change over to summer-grade fuel. But it feels different somehow, like the days of cheap gas could be coming to a close. These 10 tips from Dodge Chrysler Jeep® of Winter Haven can take some of the pain out of filling up. Read the rest of this entry